IoT DIH collaborates in the International Conference on Smart Cities SSCt, in Manizales (Colombia).
The IoT Digital Innovation Hub is participating in the 2023 edition of the International Conference on Sustainable Smart Cities and Territories SSCt2023. The conference will be held in Manizales Colombia from June 21-23, 2023. It is an open symposium that brings together researchers and developers from academia and industry to present and discuss the latest scientific and technical advances in the fields of Smart Cities and Smart Territories.
The SSCt Congress is organized by the University of Caldas, the University of Salamanca, the BISITE Research Group, AIR Institute and the IoT Digital Innovation Hub. The conference will promote an open discussion on how techniques, methods and tools help system designers to achieve the transition from today's cities to the ones we need in a changing world.
This conference addresses a theme that focuses on enabling smart environments through the Internet of Things, considering its main problems and research perspectives. Several projects will be presented to illustrate different solutions based on an IoT approach. IoT opportunities to "change the world" will be discussed. The communication ends with new trends and challenges in Internet of Things, hinting at new lines of research.
The SSCt2023 program will include a program of workshops and a consortium of PhD and keynote lectures, delivered by leading international speakers, among them:
- Dr.Yves Demazeu, Research Director at the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) in France. He is one of the founders of the field of Multi-Agent Systems (MAS), one of the ten topics of Artificial Intelligence (AI), in which he has been working for the last 40 years. He is recognized for his original applications in many fields: autonomous robotics, bio-inspired robotics, computer vision, energy management, financial modeling, geographic information, interactive games, personal assistance, support for artistic creation, telecommunications, natural language processing and web intelligence.
- Dr. Carlos Fernando da Silva Ramos, PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in Portugal. His R&D is focused on Artificial Intelligence. He has about 500 scientific publications, participated in 58 international and national R&D projects, among which he coordinated 25 projects, and supervised 13 PhD works.
- Dr. Joel JPC Rodrigues, is from the Senac Faculty of Ceará, Brazil; and a senior researcher at the Institute of Telecommunications, Portugal. Prof. Rodrigues is a highly cited researcher, leader of the Next Generation Networks and Applications (NetGNA) research group (CNPq) and president of the scientific council of ParkUrbis – Covilhã Science and Technology Park.
Topics of interest for the SSCt2023 conference include:
- Success stories and challenges for smart cities and smart territories;
- Smart homes and smart buildings;
- Smart infrastructures (grid, 5G, grids, lighting, water and waste);
- Smart urban mobility and smart transportation systems;
- Smart health and emergency management (epidemic control);
- Smart environments;
- Smart travel and smart tourism;
- Smart manufacturing and smart logistics;
- New retail and smart commerce;
- Smart urban governance;
- Ecourbanism, urban resilience and climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Energy and climate policy;
- Smart traffic control;
- Crowd behavior capture and modeling and crowd management;
- Human-machine interactions;
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning;
- Open data analytics and big data;
- Data security and protection, blockchain;
- Sensor-based analytics and services;
- Context-aware systems.
We invite you to send your contributions and participate in this edition of SSCt. You can learn more about the event here.
- Deadline for submission: February 24, 2023
- Notification: March 29, 2023
- Camera ready: April 24, 2023
- Conference dates: June 21-23, 2023